Unknown Error Code During Application Install: “-24”; this is the error message appeared while installing apps which occurs mostly with rooted users, and it’s just like a common thing with the Google play store app having unknown errors. This error seems appeared even if you have updated your Android OS to new or with any flashed ROMs.
How to Fix Unknown Error Code During Application Install: “-24”
This error occurred when there are same folders already installed or remained still on your device after last removal and still you are installing same app. So the installer doesn’t know what to do with this folder and we get error: Unknown Error Code During Application Install: “-24”. These folders are situated in directory “root: data/data” folder [only root users can find this folder].
Solution to fix: ROOTED
- Go to any root file manager, and navigate to directory: root >> data/data folder.
- Find the relevant folder of that app which you were installing from play store.
- Then delete that folder. [Note: Here you will loose all data related to that app].
- Now go to play store, and try to install that app again.
- Check and confirm that you have fixed your error.
Solution to fix: NON-ROOTED
In order to fix “Unknown error code during application install: -24” with NO-ROOTandroid phones, we need to clear your Google Play store app data and cache:
- Go to Settings.
- Go to Applications.
- Select the Google Play Store app.
- Tap on Clear Data and Clear Cache.
- After this step it should be possible to install or update any app from the Play Store.