How to cancel or edit an iTunes subscription with iOS
- Launch the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap on iTunes & App Store.
- Tap on your Apple ID at the top.
- Choose View Apple ID from the popup menu.
- Enter your password if/when prompted and tap on OK.
- Tap on Manage under Subscriptions.
- Tap on the name of the subscription you’d like to cancel or modify (if you have more than one subscription).
- Turn the Auto-Renewal option to Off.
After your current paid period ends iTunes will no longer bill you for that particular subscription. If you ever decide you want to re-subscribe you can do so either through the app or through hopping in the Settings app again like you just did.
Cancel or change a subscription on Google Play
- Go to play.google.com/store/account.
- Find the subscription you want to cancel.
- Click Cancel Subscription.
Important: Uninstalling an app will not automatically stop your subscription. You must cancel your subscription to end your subscription. If you uninstall the app without canceling your subscription, you will still be charged. If an app you’ve purchased a subscription for is removed from Google Play, your future subscription will be automatically canceled but past subscriptions will not be refunded.
Access after you cancel
When you cancel a subscription you will still have access to your subscription for the remainder of the time you have already paid for.
For example, if you purchased a one-year subscription on Jan. 1 for $10 and decide to cancel your subscription on July 1, you will have access to the subscription until Dec. 31. But you will not be charged another yearly subscription of $10 the following Jan. 1.